Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer time lull


Normally summer vacation means lots of clay time. But for some odd reason it just feels too hot to be productive. I've filled orders but haven't made anything new in quite a long time. May to be exact. A friend wanted to know if i could turn the rectangle word necklaces into a key chain for Mother's Day presents. I was quite happy with how they came out. Sometimes the best stuff comes from customer requests. That's why I love doing custom orders. A few other people saw them and I actually got quite a few local orders for them. Typically I concentrate on online sales and after a half a year of craft shows I think I needed a break. But the clay table is starting to whisper in my ear from across the room as I waste my time organizing the house, reading lots of books, watching cheesy movies, and playing on the computer. I think I might clean off that table pretty soon here.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay for feeling creative again! I love the keychain, those are a great idea!!

d-c-designs said...

thanks totally can't take credit for it though :)